Benefits of Lysine
I should be the ambassador for L-Lysine, as I am constantly telling people about the benefits of this wonderful supplement. It usually occurs when a friend is sick, or on the verge of getting sick, and they want to cut it off at the pass or shorten the duration of the cold
For those of you who've never heard of L-lysine, it is an amino acid that your body doesn't make so you need to get it from either food or in a supplement. Lysine is considered an amino acid. Amino acids act as the building blocks of protein because they combine with other compounds to form this macronutrient. Lysine is really great for treating viral infections, which seem to plague people more often than bacterial infections. When you find yourself coming down with something, but you don't have a fever or signs of a bacterial infection, this should be in your cabinet.
What types of ailments is this good to treat?
1. Cold Sores
2. Common Warts
3. General cold/viral sinus infections
4. Various forms of Herpes
The human body needs lysine for healthy functioning, tissue growth and recovering after damage - for all you weight lifters. It can also help your body absorb calcium, iron, and zinc.
When you don't have enough lysine you may feel:
- Concentration issue
- Red eyes
- Issues with anemia
- Inhibited growth ...just to name a few.
- Prevents loss of lean muscle mass and mobility issues in older adults
- Building muscle in weight lifters
- Promotes collagen growth.....wahooo for the ladies
- Helps with the treatment of shingles - I can attest to this one
- Helps in the support of hair growth
- Recovering faster after intense workouts
These are just a few of the many benefits of this great supplement. You may want to talk to your doctor about using it as part of your health care regimen.
#benefitsoflysine #lysine #heath #healthsupplements